Sunday, July 10, 2022

Chookyblue 2022 part 5.........

 One thing I forgot to tell you from the dinner........I think it was Friday night???? I did this at the first retreat I think anyway I went around the table and said how I met each person/how they fitted into the group.........given we have had a change around of some people from the first year I went around the table again..........it was lots of fun and realising for most of the girls I have known them for a very long time.....3/4 would be more then 10-15 years.....some much longer..........now not everyone knows everyone like I do but there are some other very long friendships in the group also.........

this is something to treasure........which I do.....

Finally after burning the midnight candle going to bed at Jo's stupid o'clock and waking up at my stupid o'clock I got my twister top together...........I do get pretty distracted during Scrub Stitchin' organising stuff but that's all ok............like I said more on the twister quilts in another post.........
Finally it was time to take the last group pic and start saying goodbye to the girls.............

Jenny, Gail and Lynda missing here.........they had already headed home............
As people go I get them to put their table away.........they are heavy tables so makes the job a little easier.....but the rooms starts to look more empty............
After seeing a few drunkards paths in show and tell Di decided to buy a kit from our little shop.............
I forgot to mention we had a little shop of goodies........I forgot to take pics.........
Someone asked before about the kits for these drunkard path quilts.........I can now tell you who made them so just flick me a comment...........Di was going to take the kit home and make it later but I convinced her to start and said she would get the blocks done before she goes.......she didn't believe me but she sure did and she would of had time to join it but she is going to quilt as you go to finish it so stopped...........
Miranda had this bright quilt laided out..........she busily got the blocks made over the weekend...........slow process but looks great...........
Jules got these crazy blocks laid out.........found a suitable colour for the border but needs to find some yardage......
Brenda the matriarch of the group quilted this quilt over the weekend...........yes she puts me to shame but go Brenda........just mostly in the ditch but it looks good and she did it on her little machine........it took some quilt wrangling..........
Last year she didn't want to commit incase she was "over the bridge" (the cemetery is over the bridge)........we have clearly told her this year that if she thinks she's going over the bridge she need not bother because we will go dig her up and bring her to retreat......she did have a good laugh.......and said she would come next year.....phew....
Once everyone left Annette and I could not go home due to rain (my dirt road is a disaster) so we sat and sewed for awhile chatting to Di......my niece arrived and she wanted to sew so I let her do the sewing I was working on which was the borders to my drunkards path and joining a backing for another quilt.........I did achieve high in the afternoon......Di eventually left and we packed everything up into my car and finished the weekend with dinner at the pub......we ended up staying another night in the cabins so we didn't need to pack all that up and go somewhere else.........
Ok well that's brought us to the end of the retreat.............few more posts to come on bits and pieces.........Twisters, show and tell and the project if I make it that far............
Catch you later........
Chookyblue......

1 comment:

kiwikid said...

Great projects happening there, love the group photos.