Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Mid March update

 

This mornings sunrise, if I wasn't in my pj's I would have driven to the lookout for a better shot, one day....

I have been busy sewing a By Annie Ultimate Travel Bag and I am so happy with it



This epic bag is huge, it has pockets everywhere the newer version of the pattern has a bigger suitcase handle support but never mind, I would make it again but.... if you read the instructions as every pattern says to the last page says to photocopy this page and cut and use, it is labels for every pattern piece now if I had done this I would have saved myself a bit of grief and confusion. The instructions were good although I did watch a few By Annie you tube videos which helped a lot with binding and bulky seams.

My Chookshed Challenge for March is panels I was undecided wether to finish a panel quilt or start a new one and I decided to finish one forst so the quilting is done and the binding on and the last stage being the hand sewing of the binding has started, This is a cute quilt that was done as a workshop at Coolah Country Patchwork las year, I'm making this for my great niece, there is also another almost identical for her sister, it still needs to be quilted.
Oh look another panel.... I went to Craftalive in Tamworth on the weekend, it wasn't a huge show but there were a few shops there with some bargains and Logans Patchwork had this cute cot panel and a few other new designs that may have got into my bag. I just need a new grandchild now.





3 comments:

loulee said...

Love that new panel. You're being very productive.

Jenny said...

The bag looks amazing

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a great bag...yes you should be happy with it. I'm always impressed when folks are clever enough to stitch really useful things. And your panel project is moving right along too.